It was the London Marathon on Sunday, 21 April 2013, and I just want to say a massive congratulations to everyone who took part in the run and also to the most amazing support from the thousands of people who stand for hours along the side of the road to cheer on the runners. I have run a couple of marathons before so I really do know what it is like to feel the wonderful support and encouragement from the crowd, it really does motivate you as a runner and really puts a smile on your face. I did the London marathon in 2010 with my good friend Gina and we raised a good amount of money for a charity which is very close to Gina’s heart, Alzheimer Scotland. I don’t often share a lot of videos on this blog but I thought it might be nice to share the video I personally made in 2010 of our London Marathon experience, it is quite good fun to watch, you will see from the video how excited I am – so please be prepared. I feel there is at least one more marathon in me and as I write this I am seriously contemplating doing another one this year – which one, I don’t know you, but I will let you know when I have decided.
So please enjoy the wee video, I hope it makes you smile and maybe even inspires you to take on the challenge of running a marathon.
Much love to you today, as always, Clarabelle.
- Guess Jenni Falconer’s marathon time & win XPG goodies! (debenhams.com)
- Thousands to beat Mo Farah in 2013 London marathon (metro.co.uk)
- Mo Farah to make London Marathon appearance (standard.co.uk)
- Essex: Husband limbers up for London Marathon while wife prepares for zumbathon (eadt.co.uk)
- Exclusive: Jenni Falconer interview (debenhams.com)
- London Marathon’s greatest winners: Who was the fastest? (mirror.co.uk)
- Suffolk: Charity runners set for London Marathon (eadt.co.uk)