“You can’t force love in another, all you can do is love yourself.” (Clarabelle)
I woke up this morning and that was the first thought that came into my head, so what does this mean? For me, it means many things but the one true sentiment from this sentence is really about having self-love, only then will you attract real true love into your life. Love attracts love and when you have self-love then you will be a magnet for pure love from another This next poem is inspired by just that, focus on the power in you, put your energy into your own self-love and believe me, you will be surrounded with an abundance of love from others, that is a special kind of love.
A Special Kind of Love
There is a special kind of love, dancing in me;
Flowing through my veins, setting me free.
A burning energy of joy, happiness and light;
Capturing my soul, in the heat of the night.
Focus on yourself, give attention to you;
Your spirit welcomes, pure love in what you do.
The right person will come, for they never left your side;
Self-love is your answer, hold it in your heart with pride.
poemsbyclarabelle, 30 April 2013
- The Ying and Yang of Love: Day 2 of 30 Days of Truth (offgothepanties.com)
- Lessons on Loving Yourself by Loren Ridinger (lorensworld.com)
- Meditations (lovelightdance.wordpress.com)
- Ania Soul- Over You (whoneedsagenre.com)
- How Do You Know You Are Growing? (poemsbyclarabelle.wordpress.com)
- Self-Love (lorensworld.com)