Giving Off Happy Vibes
I was at the Post Office this morning posting some Christmas cards and parcels to friends at home and abroad. The person serving at the Post Office Counter, if I’m very honest, is usually almost always “grumpy”, I never really look forward to being served by him. However, this morning was different, today he was smiling, he was chirpy, he was definitely giving off “happy vibes”. I smiled at him as I approached the counter and he happily took all my Christmas cards and parcels, weighed them etc.. and charged for them. I was smiling at him the whole way through being served and saying “thank you”. He was really happy, I could tell, then he said “Can I help you with anything else?”, I said “Yes, I would like to take out £50 from my bank account but only if you have a £50 note”. He smiled and said that they wouldn’t normally have £50 notes but someone had come in earlier today and paid for something with lots of £50 notes. He said therefore he could give me a £50 note and then, to my complete surprise, said he would go through all the £50 notes and give me the BEST, freshest, newest looking one. I didn’t ask him to do that, he offered and I smiled very happily back at him and said “great, thank you so much”.
We had a short little chat about nice new money notes then he gave me my £50 note, smiled, said thank you and wished me a good day. I was blown away, I would never have expected him to say this to me before now, I wished him the best day ever and I hopped happily out of the shop.
I felt so good after that interaction with this person, it just goes to show the difference we can make to another person’s life by just being pleasant, well mannered and giving off “happy vibes”.
Wherever you are in the world today remember the impact you have on others, so please make it a positive one, you just might make someone’s day.
Lots of love to you today and always, Clarabelle.
- Christmas Countdown Day 2 – half price Christmas Card Templates + 2 free kits (catdesignz.com)
- My 6 Favorite Christmas Card Greetings (thethingsivemade.wordpress.com)
- Christmas E-cards (brandinventions.wordpress.com)
- Christmas Cards (creativeentertainingblog.wordpress.com)
- Using Pages to print Christmas card labels (apple4ladies.com)
- Christmas Cards (missjillianrobichaud.wordpress.com)
- Life Changes: All The Kardashian Christmas Cards Through The Years (bossip.com)
- Christmas post (annieljones.wordpress.com)
- Do You Still Send Christmas Cards? 5 Reasons You Should (947thewave.cbslocal.com)
- Christmas card from Multiplicityandme 😀 (mewethem.wordpress.com)