Whilst on my own self development journey, I have tried and tested so many different life hacks and growth mindset strategies. One that I found very difficult to adopt but now seem to really love – is those “Crazy Cold Showers” in the morning.
I’ve got to be honest here, it took me a long time to get into the swing of it but now I simply love turning that shower from hot to cold for a short blast of super freshness and sheer aliveness in every cell of my body.
Of course, the real expert on this cold immersion therapy is the guru himself, none other than, Mr Wim Hof – you can find out all about his Wim Hof Method on his website and it’s really quite fascinating but not for the faint-hearted!
The main benefits I feel I get from my morning cold showers are quite simple yet impactful. Here are just a few:
- First and foremost it wakens me up like nothing else and after a good 8-9 hours sleep – that’s got to be a good thing.
- It uplifts my mood instantly – yes that crazy coldness makes me feel happy inside.
- Every cold shower is a challenge to me but the self-satisfaction I feel from overcoming that morning challenge, really does set me up for the day.
- My hair and skin looks and feels so much better, fresher and softer to touch – is this cold shower related? I feel it sure is.
- It’s fun – yes I did say fun – I treat it like a fun thing to do and it then feels like “childlike fun” in a funny sort of way.
- It puts my brain on an uplifted alert mode, which I then feel enhances my focus and concentration levels throughout the day.
- I don’t need that morning coffee to wake up my senses – these crazy cold showers work better than caffeine every single time.
- It detoxes the mind. The cold shower for me, in that moment, erases all the worries and stresses trapped upstairs – it’s like a destress release button to allow clarity to then kick in.
So there you have it, that’s eight good reasons for anyone to think about introducing a cold shower to their morning routine.
My cold shower process starts with hot, warm, luke warm, cool and then freezing cold – I turn the temperature down every minute or so, which allows by body to adapt quickly to the coldness. I then try to stay as long as possible under the freezing cold water and this is definitely the fun part!
Are you up for the cold shower challenge?
Have you already introduced cold showers into your morning routine?
Let me know you thoughts in the comments section and let’s support each other to be the best version of ourselves each and everyday.
It’s Your Life – GO GET IT!
Written by Clarabelle on 7 October 2022
Posted to Blog on 12 October 2022