I would like to recommend a book to you today, it is called Strengths Finder 2.0 by Tom Rath, Tom is also a New York Times Bestselling Author of the book “Wellbeing”.
I really love the Strengths Finder book because it helps you to identify what your top 5 strengths/talents are and provides you with a 19 page individualised report which coaches you into thinking how you can utilise your strengths more in your everyday life and work.
My top 5 strengths are:
1. Futuristic – People who are especially talented in the Futuristic theme are inspired by the future and what could be. They inspire others with their visions of the future.
2. Maximiser – People who are especially talented in the Maximiser theme focus on strengths as a way to stimulate personal and group excellence. They seek to transform something strong into something superb.
3. Positivity – People who are especially talented in the Positivity theme have an enthusiasm that is contagious. They are upbeat and can get others excited about what they are going to do.
4. Woo – People who are especially talented in the Woo theme love the challenge of meeting new people and winning them over. They derive satisfaction from breaking the ice and making a connection with another person.
5. Strategic – People who are especially talented in the Strategic theme create alternative ways to proceed. Faced with any given scenario, they can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues.
The following poem is also inspired by the above, I do hope you like it.
What is a Talent?
What is a talent? What is a strength?
How is it measured? What is its length?
Only you, can experience the feelings,
Passionate moments, purposeful healings.
Recognise this quality, treasure it well,
Captivating hearts, like a magical spell.
Your audience awaits, imagination is high,
A hypnotic transcendence, go on just fly.
poemsbyclarabelle, 21 March 2013
- Highlights from Tom Rath, co-author of Wellbeing: The 5 Essential Elements (zanesafrit.typepad.com)
- StrengthsQuest (hollidayfilms.wordpress.com)
- Unravel Your Strengths and reach your Full Potential! (deepbluevibrance.wordpress.com)
- Playing to your Strengths? (learningandteachingtoday.wordpress.com)
- Radio Show Guest: Tom Rath, Co-Author of Wellbeing: The 5 Essentials (zanesafrit.typepad.com)
- Why Paying Attention to Your Strengths is a Profoundly Spiritual Process (soulballast.wordpress.com)
- Strengthsfinder 2.0 written by Gallup Organization (jobcafeinc.wordpress.com)