In June 2010 I led a small leadership and personal development study tour to New York City. It was such an amazing experience and I learned so much. “Great minds think differently” is a quote that was displayed brightly on an a massive advertising sign in the middle of Times Square and I resonated with it at the time. On the Study Tour, we met up with other leaders and professional coaches whilst over there. We went from Wall Street to Princeton, New Jersey to Westchester to Hoboken to Staten Island, you name it we were there. We also got the wonderful opportunity to sail on my friend’s boat on the Hudson River and I was given a complimentary helicopter ride over the very stunning New York City by another friend of mine. My friend Maritza also got us a private tour around the United Nations building, that was really amazing.
I produced a whole brochure on the experience of leading and participating in the Leadership Study Tour and if you are interested in receiving a complimentary copy, please just email me and I will email it to you firstname.lastname@example.org
The reason I am sharing this with you is because I came across the beginnings of a video I produced from the trip (see below). I always get so much energy from visiting New York City as it holds a very special place in my heart and this is were I also met my first love in 2007. We are not together now, for the right reasons I believe but we still remain distant friends.
In relation to the Youtube video, for anyone who is not familiar with the drink “Irn Bru”, it is a well known and very popular soda drink (pop) here in Bonny Scotland. It is often called Scotland’s Other National Drink!! I took it over for some of my American friends to try, hence Donna’s comment on the video of it tasting like “liquid candy“. 🙂
New York, New York I’ve been there five times now since 2007 and I know I will visit it again, I have many great connections over there and I am sure will be doing some work over there soon.
What place do you like to visit and why? I’d love to know.
May your day today be filled with beautiful loving energy, lots of love, Clarabelle
- Where To Take The Perfect Instagram In New York City (businessinsider.com)
- New York City Highlights 2012 (local.answers.com)
- Not to Be Missed: The Best Summer Activities in New York City (local.answers.com)
- How to: New York on a budget (theworldandotherstuff.wordpress.com)
- – The Bite of Big Apple #6 – “Hudson River Cruise” (teikokublog.com)
- Bloomberg: Jersey City attracting smarties more than any other big city (nj.com)
- Enjoying the New York Experience by Boat (local.answers.com)
- Love Blast to NYC – In Spite of the Heat! (barbarasinclair.com)