The video below shares with you the poem that inspired the “Clarabelle” logo with the blue butterfly and the Scottish tartan background. For those of you who are not familiar with the Clarabelle logo, here it is below:
It was created by my friend Jennifer, who is a fabulous Graphic Designer, after we had a deep and meaningful discussion about what I wanted.
I wanted to keep the logo quite simple with the following:
- The “Clarabelle” name,
- A butterfly, representing change/transformation and free spirit,
- The colour “azure blue” which I really love and was so drawn to at the time (this is also the colour of my car) and which I didn’t know at the time, this is the colour for the communication chakra…..how apt.
- I also wanted a connection to my Scottish roots, I think that was Jennifer’s idea and I really liked it.
At the time of our initial discussions Jennifer handed me a piece of paper and asked me to sign the “Clarabelle” name, I then went back to her with some other ideas about the butterfly having a heart (I later decided not to use this), and she did the rest, and what an amazing job she did.
Jennifer originally provided me with the following wonderful examples for the Clarabelle Logo:
I then used the above sample designs, to ask people I know and work with which was their favorite logo and why, this was to help me make the final decision on which logo I finally went with. I must say that the white/hearts butterfly logo above, came a very very close second. 🙂
Thanks again to Jennifer for creating this logo, every time I see it I think of this poem that inspired it.
I do hope you enjoy this video poem below, “I Wish I Was A Butterfly” that inspired the logo:
I Wish I Was A Butterfly
I wish I was a butterfly, dancing in the air,
Sparking in the sunshine, so wonderful and rare.
The beauty is in the detail, the colours so bright,
I watch you fluttering, in the magical sunlight.
You are on a journey, now you are free,
To move in the moment, like a honeybee.
Fragile in my hands, strong in the mind,
I’m mesmerised by your life, it’s one of a kind.
Sweet, sweet, butterfly, where do you go?
A soft breeze under your wings, only you do know.
You’ve awakened my soul, the world is your own,
You’ve come through the stages, developed and grown.
I look in the mirror and to my surprise,
A butterfly is on my shoulder, I can’t believe my eyes.
You represent free spirit, inside of me,
You whisper the truth, of what I’ve always wanted to be.
Today I am here, with my dreams in my heart,
The suitcase is ready, waiting to depart.
The destination is exciting, I’ve waited so long,
Now I am ready, I know where I belong.
Patience was a virtue, so evident and true,
Babysteps forward, from the back of the queue.
I’m next in line, a new chapter awaits,
As I close the door behind me and enter new gates.
Thank you dear butterfly, you’ve taught me alot,
This life is for living, as I join the last dot.
Created by Clarabelle
- Butterflies (theparkerfive.wordpress.com)
- Final Logo (daniellemonteiroblog.wordpress.com)
- 20 Inspiring Logo Sketches (theultralinx.com)
- Great Logos (back8416.wordpress.com)
- Flutter-Fabulous Butterflies for Your Home (terrysblinds.co.uk)
- Logo Development (bbbaylis.wordpress.com)
- My Draft Logo (cocacolas1980blog.wordpress.com)
- Emerging (bpsfuelforthought.wordpress.com)
- UNIVERSITY OF EXETER -Butterfly wings inspire new technologies: from fabrics and cosmetics to sensors (hispanicbusiness.com)
- Here is how Android’s green robot logo came to be: inspiration from surprising places (phonearena.com)