“Gratitude neutralises negative emotions” (Sonja Lyubomirsky)
I am doing a lot of research for my new “It’s All About Gratitude” eBook on the scientific studies of the relationship between gratitude and happiness and I am wonderfully amazed by the findings. Below is a Greater Good Science Centre, www.greatergoodscience.org YouTube video of Sonja Lyubomirsky, Professor of Psychology, University of California, Riverside, in which she talks about one of those gratitude studies, “Count Your Blessings” – I am sure you will find it very interesting indeed.
My own preference is most definitely carrying out the practice of daily gratitude because I know this 100% works for me but everyone is different and as the study explains maybe doing this once a week is enough and will have a greater impact for you.
May today be a “Count Your Blessings” day today for you and may it bring you a deeper sense of happiness and contentment into your life. Love Clarabelle.
- 28 Days of Gratitude (debbiepresnell.wordpress.com)
- Thankful Thursday – Sonja Lyubomirsky: What Determines Happiness? (minusthebox.org)
- The Science Behind Daily Gratitude (clarabelle.org)
- 7 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be the Happiest Person on Earth (lifehack.org)
- A little bit of gratitude…. (clarabelle.org)
- Viva Editions Publisher Brenda Knight Launches Her New Book at Top Bookstores in the San Francisco Bay Area (prweb.com)
- Consistency: The Key to Happiness (dontwakesofia.wordpress.com)
- The study of happiness: a modern luxury? (ucop.edu)
- Counting your blessings: Make it a healthy habit (marymotivates.com)
- The How of Happiness (goodmorninggratitude.com)