On the 7th of February this year I decided to set myself a 90 Day Challenge to move forward with my Singing-Songwriting Career as successfully and as much as possible. I was basically taking things up a gear and putting more effort and energy into the career transition process. I honestly cannot believe how quickly times goes by and that I am now on Day 17 of the Clarabelle 90 Day Challenge. Below is a list of some of the things I have achieved over the last 17 days:
- My first EP, Hearts Apart will be available in CD format next week. I have been working closely with the photographers, designers, printers and recording studios to pull all this one together and I am so excited to have my first CD in my hands next week.
- I have committed myself to organise and perform at 2 Live Gigs in the Village of Carfin where I was brought up in. The 2 Live Gigs dates are Saturday, 3 May and Saturday, 24 May 2014 and the theme of the evening is very motivational, “Yes You Can” named after one of my original songs. I have been co-ordinating a team of people to help me with this and organising Support Acts etc.. for the evening, it is all very exciting indeed.
- I have been working on the content and the production of a Clarabelle Music App which is now available free for you to download, here is the link if you wish to download it: http://clarabellemusic.mobapp.at/landing/Desktop#.Uwo6EmJ_uSo
- I have committed myself to weekly rehearsals for my Live Gigs, these are rehearsals OUT of my home, on stage where I can polish my performances and practice as much as possible. I am still practising daily at home but feel I needed to get out of the house and get on stage, so I am doing that.
- I have also been contacting well known Motivational Speakers to find out if there are any opportunities for me to sing my original motivational songs at one of their live events. I feel their audience is a perfect audience for my inspirational songs, such as “Yes You Can”, “I Am The Greatest”, “In Time We Heal” and “Mr Inspirational” etc…
- I have always been into my fitness and if you are a regular follower/visitor of this Clarabelle blog you will know I am a keen marathoner…Well, I have been getting down the gym more often and really “going for it“, I need lots of energy to perform on stage for 2 hours non-stop and I need to look AMAZING in my super sparkly dress….so this is another focus I have, together with my healthier eating.
- I have been updating my Clarabelle Facebook page on a daily basis with all my progress and tried to get other people involved in doing a 90 Day Challenge for themselves. There are a few people on board which is really great and I am so delighted for them. Here is a link to my Clarabelle Facebook page if you wish to stay updated with my progress on a daily basis: https://www.facebook.com/clarabelle.org
- As you will see I have also been working on improving the look of this Clarabelle Blog and I have changed the layout to fit more with showcasing my original music and poetry. I have also added in some more professional photos from my photo shoot which took pace in Glasgow City Centre last month…..more to follow soon!!
- I continue to listen to Motivational speakers every day, as I know I need to keep a strong, positive mind and stay super focused on the goal in hand. I usually listen to a couple of hours each day, this really does keep my mind staying really positive and strong. I get a lot of positive feedback on my music and poetry, thank YOU, but some times I don’t and I can read some really tough criticism, so the stronger my mind is, the better I can handle this challenging feedback. I do my best to turn this negative feedback into a positive and use it to improve what I’m doing.
- I continue with my daily gratitude exercises, as shared in the eBook I wrote, It’s All About Gratitude. I set up a Gratitude Facebook page so I could share the wisdom and learning from this eBook with others. If you wish to check it out, here is the facebook link for, “It’s All About Gratitude” Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/itsallaboutgratitude
- I have also been working with designers to create a new Clarabelle T-Shirt design. I think the designer did an amazing job, see photo below. What do you think?
So, there you have it, that’s a very brief update on my progress so far over the last 17 Days and I must say I am loving this 90 Day Challenge I set myself, it really is helping me to stay super focused and “on the ball”. I know I am entering a very tough industry….well, so everyone keeps telling me, but I must stayed focused on my goal in hand…..let’s see how far I get…..this transition is not a sprint it’s a marathon and well after running 3, I think I have the right attitude and stamina to go all the way. What do you think?
Thank you, as always, for being here and for your continued love and support, I really am truly grateful for it and I do really mean that sincerely. Thank YOU, Love Clarabelle