Behind every strategy is another strategy – let me explain.
So let’s say you want to change something for the better in your life. Let’s say for example, you want to change your career and go in a completely different direction. Let’s say you want to move away from your Management Consultancy Business and progress with a new career in property development. So first of all, I would say, “Hey you, that’s truly amazing, I admire your spirit, drive and determination to change your future. Congratulations! You’ve taken your very first step. Well done!” Now the next part for you is likely to be exciting, crazy, liberating, fulfilling, challenging and possibly frightening – all at once!! You’ve gained the knowledge, you’ve got the outer strategy and you are damn well ready to execute – oh yes, you definitely know where you’re going with this one. However, I also want you to think about your inner strategy – what do I mean by that?
Your inner strategy is that vitally important checklist, the inner compass guiding and strengthening you on the unknown path ahead. This inner strategy is the imperative foundations that you will build your outer strategy upon – you’ve got to get the inner strategy right…...first and foremost. On your inner strategy checklist you will be clear on the following areas:
- I clearly know my core values and what each value means to mean.
- I specifically know what is personally important to me going forward in life – I know my non-negotiables.
- I fully believe in my capabilities, unlimited potential and I have faith in myself, even when there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel.
- I am fully supportive of me, as much as I want solid support from the people closest to me, this is not necessary, as it is my responsibility to support myself with every choice, decision and commitment I make.
- I have a contingency plan containing critical action points that serve my inner wellbeing, if and when difficult stresses arise – I know what’s in my combat toolbox to strengthen my mind, body and help me regain any lost focus.
- I am confident, resilient and have an abundance of energy that is absolutely necessary to the success of my new vision.
- I am not afraid to ask for help when I need it. I believe that asking for help is a necessary part of the process.
- I am clear on my standards and expectations and I will not deviate from these in challenging times.
- I will regularly take quiet time out, to reflect, review and refresh my thinking.
- I am totally committed to the end goal, however I will remain present in the process and give everything my best shot.
- I promise to value my self-worth and continue to grow and contribute to my purpose at every opportunity.
Your inner strategy is more important than the outer strategy. You’ve got to be clear on this stuff at the very beginning because if you are unclear on any of these statements, any slight failure along the way, may crumble your progress.
What I am saying is, go to work on yourself, know your inner strategy, have clarity and self awareness about you, for this will be the BEST start you can ever give yourself before any major life change. This is the sure start that will inevitably lead you to success.
Thank you for being here.
It’s Your Life, Go Get It!!
Article originally posted 7 April 2016
Updated and reposted 06.08.22 – London, UK