Make a difference to your life, look at your daily rituals, are they supporting your dreams?
Here’s a small insight into my daily habits, the good habits, the MUSTS in my life, I know they make a difference to me, I know they will help me to get me to where I want to be:
- 6am wake up, sometimes earlier, I set my alarm at least an hour and a half before I start work, this is so I can listen daily to lots of positivity before I start my day. I switch on my favourite YouTube channels and I am doing morning meditations, listening to Gratitude audios, seeking wisdom from people like Tony Robbins, Esther Hicks, Louise Hay, anything and everything on the Law of Attraction/Law of Vibration, anything and everything positive and motivational. I love it, it really sets me up for the day, nothing negative is getting into my brain.
- Healthy nutritious breakfast, this maybe a healthy smoothie, or porridge oats or scrambled eggs, breakfast is a MUST for me, I need to get that metabolism going, I love the energy it gives me at the start of the day.
- Work through my MUSTS for today, usually prepared the night before on my iPad, MUSTS firsts then wants.
- Blog post time, yippee, let’s share the inspiration in my head with others….I love it.
- Run time, I’m training for the Edinburgh marathon so I MUST get my training run in, today my training run is 5 miles woo hoo, I love running, it makes me feel so good and I love to see how my body starts to change, how it starts to look really fit and amazing with all that training.
- More motivation and positivity from YouTube or a great book, as long as it’s positive I’ll have it, give me more, give me more, more, more, more
- Meal times for me are as healthy as possible, especially when “I’m on it” and what I mean by that is when I am really focused on improving my health and fitness, which I am now.
- Chat to family and friends, I work away at the moment, so I do my best to keep in touch with friends and family, everyday I do something that fulfills this for me.
- Write letters/cards to friends,usually I am either buying cards for people or writing cards and letters and sending them to people I know, I love doing that.
- Me time, personal development planning time, I love this time, at least 1-2 hours thinking and planning what I want out of my life, what I am aiming for in the future and researching into how I am going to get there – the world is my oyster, that’s what I believe and I believe that I can be, do and have anything I want in life.
- Coffee and chocolate, yes I know, not that healthy, I love this little treat, almost nearly everyday I will treat myself to this, I do get away with it because of all my running training, I do enjoy my coffee and chocolate fix.
- Focusing on changing my thinking, okay I’m not perfect and I do sometimes have doubts or negativity trying to seep into that mind of mine, so I have great strategies in place that will block/deflect that stuff. It can be anything from listening to my favourite music, going for a walk, whatever it is, I know what I need to do and I am most definitely getting better at changing the contents of my thoughts to thoughts that are more supportive towards me and my goals.
- Daydreaming, I love a little daydream or even a short nap in the afternoon, it recharges the batteries and rejuvenates my spirit.
- Lots of food, I eat a lot so I try my best to eat as healthy as possible, although as I said before I allows myself treats when I want them, if my body is craving for chips, then I’ll definitely have them, but not everyday, maybe once a month or something like that.
- Gratitude, this is such a big part of my life, in my quiet thoughtful moments throughout the day I think of all the things I am grateful for right now in my life, in that moment, I do this often, many times throughout the day…..I love doing it, I am so very grateful, I truly am.
- Water, well….I could definitely get a lot better at drinking more water, however I am very good at drinking herbal teas, decaf green tea is my favourite right now.
- I have a good skincare routine now…I have got better at this over the last few months, my favourite natural oils to use right now on my skin are pure castor oil and pure coconut oil, they have tremendous benefits and I am loving using them.
- I always end my day with more positivity, more positive reading or positive listening, sometimes I will watch an inspirational film or documentary, I love a happy ending, I truly do.
So the above is just some of the good habits that I have adopted for myself and gradually introduced over the last few years. I don’t live a perfect life nor would want to but I do try my best to have daily rituals which I know help me to work towards my best ever self. There is so much more I could do and I will get there, bit by bit, baby step by baby step…..because I know these small positive changes, through time, will make a great difference to me and my life.
What positive daily rituals/habits have you introduced into your life, that benefit you? I’d love to hear about them, please comment below.